Cash & Voucher Assistance Within Social Protection Preparedness in Central America, Mexico, and The Dominican Republic
• Explores how humanitarian CVA adds value to and strengthens Social Protection programs while contributing to disaster preparedness in Mexico, Central America, and the Dominican Republic.
• Draws out real examples of best practice through two case studies from Honduras and the Dominican Republic.
• Maps humanitarian CVA and how it is linked to and used in Social Protection preparedness planning
• Diagnoses CVA and Social Protection gaps in LAC’s preparedness landscape, highlights barriers, enablers, challenges, and opportunities for linking humanitarian CVA to Social Protection through a preparedness lens.
• Offers actionable advice and examples to practitioners seeking to offer more efficient social assistance systems, and better preparedness for vulnerable communities.