Logistics and Administration Guideline for Cash Based Interventions
Cash-based interventions (CBIs) are increasingly included in humanitarian relief efforts as alternatives or complements to in-kind assistance.
This guideline is mainly dedicated to logisticians and administrators to successfully support CBIs but also to technical departments.
The objectives of this guideline are to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities but also necessary interactions between each department (Technical department /ADMIN / LOG)
- Ensure minimum standard procedures for project implementation
In order to be able to set up CBIs, this guideline is structured in five different chapters:
1. Payment methods and modalities
2. Setting up CBIs (key steps, roles and responsibilities)
3. Security management
4. Supply chain & Procurement
5. Finance management
This guidelines should be used in conjunction with the Logistics and Administration Guideline Annexes.