Feasibility study on cash and voucher assistance in Borena zone, Oromia and Gambela regions, Ethiopia
The report indicates the feasibility of cash and voucher assistance in Borena, Oromia and Gambela regions of Ethiopia conducted in December 2022.
The following key determinants, were used to arrive at a conclusion if the CVA modality will be feasible to achieve the set outcomes to provide integrated humanitarian assistance to the conflict affected communities in the project area.
- General CVA environment in the country and acceptance of cash and voucher by the government and the communities.
- Functional market with adequate stock to absorb increased demand, robust supply chain, relatively stable price of the commodities.
- Willingness of the traders to participate in the CVA intervention
- Availability of FSPs and their willingness to collaborate with the program.
- Coordination with peer agencies to harmonize CVA approaches and avoid potential duplication.
- Project implementation capacity of the Plan International and the implementing partners.
- Favourable security situation in the project areas with appropriate risk assessment in place.