Ep. 4. How to link social protection and humanitarian CVA: What do we really know and where to start?
In this episode of the CashCast, we explore how to Link Social Protection and Humanitarian Cash and Voucher Assistance.
The CashCast is a monthly podcast from the Cash Learning Partnership that looks in depth at the critical debates in humanitarian cash and voucher assistance (CVA).
We recorded this episode following the release of the High-Level Briefing Paper on Linking Social Protection and Humanitarian Cash and Voucher Assistance. The panel examined the different contexts in which efforts are being made to link CVA and social protection, the good practices evolving out of these contexts, and the complexity of operating in crisis contexts.
Our guests and host included:
- Julie Lawson-McDowall (host) – Knowledge Management and Research Coordinator at CaLP
- Paul Harvey – Researcher and consultant at from Humanitarian Outcomes
- Daniel Longhurst – Researcher and consultant
- Rachel Sabates-Wheeler – Development Economist at The Institute of Development Studies
- Orhan Hacimehmet – Cash response Coordinator at the Turkish Red Crescent
CashCast is available on iTunes, Google Podcast and Spotify under Cash Learning Partnership.