The South Sudan Inter-Agency Survival Minimum Expenditure Basket
The Multi Sector Survival Minimum Expenditure Basket (MSSMEB) is the minimum cost of what a household needs to meet their acute needs to sustain their lives.
• It is the starting point for determining transfer values, which covers multi-sector needs.
• The composition is built on in-country consensus
• It may differ from crisis and non-crisis settings
• It may differ depending on seasons
• Some items in the basket are one off, while other are monthly. This means that the first time the basket is given to beneficiary it will be of higher costs as all one off items, would normally be given in the beginning of the intervention period.