Market-Based Programming in Wash – Technical Guidance for Humanitarian Practitioners
The purpose of this document is to provide practical guidance on market-based programming (MBP) in humanitarian WASH responses. This guidance is intended for:
- Humanitarian WASH practitioners
- Cash and markets practitioners
- Humanitarian business support teams supporting WASH programmes
- WASH Cluster/Sector coordinators.
This document introduces concrete steps that can be followed and implemented in line with the key phases of the humanitarian programme management cycle:
- Response analysis
- Programme design and implementation
Each phase is presented as an individual chapter, with a final chapter focused on coordination in relation to MBP. Coordination applies to all phases of the cycle.