Guidelines for Input Trade Fairs and Voucher Schemes
One of the main causes of food insecurity for farmers in rural areas is limited access to agricultural inputs. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) works to set up input trade fairs and voucher schemes to provide poor, vulnerable and food insecure farmers with access to the inputs (e.g. seeds, fertilizers and hand tools) they need to sustain their agricultural livelihoods.
This document sets out guidelines about input trade fairs and voucher schemes, including:
- a background to the topic
- guidance on how to design input trade fairs and voucher schemes
- roles and responsibilities
- exit strategies and sustainability
- monitoring and evaluation
Download the guidelines to find out more.