Director of Strategy and Implementation.
About this role:
Fundraising from high-net-worth individuals is the largest source of transfers to GiveDirectly’s recipients. This role will lead the acquisition and relationship management while coordinating with both internal (Operations, Research, Tech, Finance, Marketing) and external stakeholders.
We are looking for a director to lead the team through rapid growth and drive a strategic roadmap that will enable growth at scale, ultimately enabling GiveDirectly to send more cash to people experiencing extreme poverty.
This role is fully remote.
What you’ll do:
1. Work with senior leadership to develop strategy and deploy relationship owners (President, Co-Founder(s), Research Director, etc.) in conversations with some of the world’s top philanthropists (MacKenzie Scott, Jack Dorsey, Vitalik Buterin, etc.). In some instances, you will also own direct relationships with key donors
2. Manage, develop, and grow a team of 4+, while creating and executing on a plan for future hires
3. Oversee the acquisition of new high-net-worth individual donors – how can we reach our next 100 $1M+ donors (or first $1B donor), and how will we continually test different strategies to get there?
4. Define and implement scalable systems for (i) tracking how and when we communicate with existing donors (ii) identifying and acquiring new donors
5.Architect innovative touchpoints and content so donors can understand the impact of their donations
6. Represent team internally in coordination with teams across the org (Ops, Tech, Research, Finance, Marketing)
7. Design and curate programs in collaboration with Ops, Research, and Tech teams to match funders’ priorities
8. Through all projects, build scalable, high-quality processes; rigorously analyze what works & doesn’t work, and reprioritize where necessary
9. Develop and hit or exceed fundraising KPIs, targets, and team goals
What you’ll bring:
7+ years of experience in high-performing results-driven environments
4+ years of people management experience, with proven leadership ability in rapidly scaling high-performing teams
Demonstrated track record of coordinating between multiple teams both internally and externally
Passion for building process and structure to enable scale
Experience building a team culture of structured problem-solving, drive to fix root causes, and high attention to detail
Proven ability to manage the urgent alongside driving persistent, continual improvement and quality
Strong, succinct communications: Skilled in speaking, writing, presenting, and negotiating across multiple stakeholders
Analytical problem solver: Looks at problems with analytical and iterative mindset, with strong framework for prioritization
Alignment with GiveDirectly Values and active demonstration of our core competencies: emotional intelligence, problem-solving, project management, follow-through, and fostering inclusivity. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from candidates who have personal or professional experience in the low-income and/or historically marginalized communities that we serve.
Bonus: a track record of raising funds from major major donors
At GiveDirectly, we strive to pay our employees generously and equitably. We use an accredited third party salary aggregator to ensure that staff’s total compensation package (base compensation + bonus) falls within the 75th percentile of similar roles, at similar organizations. We also have a no negotiation policy to ensure we are paying staff equitably across roles.
The United States base salary for this role is $125k.
Why work at GiveDirectly?
At GiveDirectly, we work to ensure that you have everything you need to excel in your role and on your team, including:
A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement
A demonstrated commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
A competitive salary, including bonus
A robust health benefits plan (exact details will vary by country)
Unlimited PTO (that we encourage staff to take!)
Desk allowance and flexible work location