Consultancy: Framework Agreement for French Copyeditors
CaLP is a dynamic global network of over 90 organisations engaged in the critical areas of policy, practice and research in humanitarian cash and voucher assistance (CVA) and financial assistance more broadly. Collectively, CaLP members deliver the vast majority of humanitarian CVA worldwide. What makes CaLP unique is its diversity. Members currently include local and international non-governmental organisations, United Nations agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent Movement, donors, specialist social innovation, technology and financial services companies, researchers and academics, and individual practitioners. Together, and alongside our strategic partners, we seek to better meet the needs and improve the outcomes for people affected by crisis. To do this we ensure that CVA is a central, scalable component of quality, timely and appropriate humanitarian assistance, and that the need to sustain positive outcomes for people over the longer term is considered.
CaLP strives to have key documents available in Arabic, English, French and Spanish to ensure inclusivity among its audience and greater uptake of its resources. Currently, CaLP has made advances on this front in the last year but is seeking to grow its roster for certified translators and copyeditors as demand increases.
To professionally copyedit documents in French following guidance that has been identified by CaLP.
The main reference documents for copyediting in French will be the relevant style guides and any other pertinent key documents provided by CaLP.
- Copyediting of case studies, technical guidelines, capacity building tools, resources and other documentation, amounting to a range of 5,000 to 10,000 words per month (approximately).
Expectations for the final output(s)
Word file in a similar format as the original with track changes.
Humanitarian actors, donors, governments and service providers
This includes the following:
- Clarifying, meaning reducing jargon, polishing language, and other non-mechanical line-by-line editing.
- Editing for grammar, usage, spelling, punctuation, and other mechanics of style; checking for consistency of mechanics and for internal consistency of facts; inserting head levels and ensuring consistency with placement of art; editing tables, figures, and lists.
Duration and estimated timeframe
The timeline will depend on each product that requires copyediting.
Milestones and payment schedule
This will be defined prior to the start date of the consultancy and defined in a separate ToR and Addendum for each piece of work.
Profile of the Consultant(s)
The consultant should have the following essential skills and knowledge:
- Native proficiency in French
- Extensive experience with copyediting humanitarian documentation in French for the UN, INGOs, NGOs, etc.
- Sound interpretation, writing and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Undergo an induction session with the CaLP Communications Officer – French Lead to review key documents and terminology and establish ways of working, quality expectations and guidelines, etc.
Expressions of Interest should include a financial proposal, CVs of consultant(s) and at least two recent copyedited samples, which should be sent to email@example.com by COB 8th of August 2021 with the subject line: CaLP French Copyeditors ToR. Any additional clarifications on the consultancy should be addressed to Pauline.Perez@calpnetwork.org.