Consultancy: Delivery of CaLP’s 12-week Online Core CVA Skills for Programme Staff Course
Context for the work
CaLP has developed an ambitious project to support the delivery if its flagship training course, Core CVA Skills for Programme Staff, via an online platform. The 5-day face to face training course has been adapted and restructured for self-directed and online delivery via a range of media over 12 weeks. By developing the CaLP Online: Core CVA Skills for Programme Staff course, CaLP hopes to reach more humanitarian staff in hard-to-access locations where face to face trainings are harder to arrange, as well as adapting our training models to fit a post-COVID 19 world in which face to face trainings may be less desirable or more complicated to manage safely.
CaLP is looking for a team of certified trainers with experience of delivering the face to face course, and who have attended a TOT for the online course, to deliver CaLP Online: Core CVA Skills for Programme Staff on CaLP’s behalf to humanitarian practitioners.
Specific task(s) of the consultancy
This consultancy will lead the facilitation of the online course over the 12 weeks. We are looking for a training team with 2 facilitators to run this course, with one taking a lead role and the other in supporting/co-facilitation role. The division of days within the consultancy is up to the training team to decide, and should be included in the written proposal.
Key activities of the consultancy include (with estimated number of days in parentheses):
1. Lead the facilitation of this online course (18 days spread over 12 weeks), including:
1) Updating the learner pack as required before sharing with participants
2) Lead all participant communications during the course, including setting up a social learning platform (eg Skype group, teams channel or similar)
3) Set up and prepare all Zoom meetings and breakout rooms/polls in advance
4) Set up and prepare all Miro boards or similar whiteboards for group work activities
During the delivery of this course, it is expected that the facilitators will communicate regularly with CALP’s learning team, and the CaLP team will provide Kaya admin support, as well as weekly Kaya completion reports to enable the facilitators to track participant’s achievements over the 12 weeks.
During the consultancy, the following outputs will be expected:
a) 1 x Online course fully delivered, in English, over 12 weeks
b) 1 x training report on completion of the training course
Time Schedule & Project Duration
The training is scheduled to begin on 6th September 2021
All activities of this consultancy are expected to be completed by 10th December 2021
This piece of work is commissioned by ACF on behalf of the Cash Learning Partnership (CaLP). The CaLP Learning Delivery Lead will manage the consultant, with the support of the Learning Content Lead.
Milestones & Payment Schedule
100% payment on completion of the course and delivery of the training report.
Essential profile of the consultant
For this piece of work, CaLP is looking for the following expertise:
• Must be CaLP-Certified to deliver the online course (must have attended a CaLP-run TOT on the online course)
• Consultant should ideally have delivered the CaLP Core CVA skills for Programme staff face to face course at least 2 times and be very familiar with the F2F materials.
• Demonstrated experience of training course delivery, especially with CVA course content and online content delivery.
• Experience delivering webinar-based courses or online courses and facilitating remote meetings is highly desired.
• Strong English language skills.
• Knowledge of the East Africa region is desirable.
• Ideally the consultants will have their own Miro and Zoom licenses, or licenses to equivalent software to run this course.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th August 2021