CALP Regional Representative – Asia-Pacific
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Do you believe the humanitarian system can, and should, do better? Are you committed to improving cash and voucher assistance as a key part of humanitarian planning and response? Can you influence, motivate, engage, take initiative and inspire? Do you believe in the power of collective action? Do you know the humanitarian landscape in Asia the Pacific? Are you able to both think strategically and work with details? If this sounds like you, then this super exciting position could be yours. We’re looking for someone to establish and lead a small CALP team in the Philippines to take forward CALP’s work in Asia Pacific – this is an exciting role with huge potential.
You’ll use your knowledge and experience of convening and influencing to gather people, define priorities, and drive forward collective action. Your role will be regionally focused, and globally connected, bringing experience and dialogue together to improve humanitarian action. You will mobilise the CALP Network in the region, creating impact by harnessing diverse voices, representing, advocating and influencing for action. You’ll be working towards CALP’s vision and strategic goals, delivering on our commitments to members, the wider humanitarian community and working towards better humanitarian action. The role requires highly collaborative ways of working with a myriad of actors, it will involve representing CALP in regional and global fora. The role requires being able to engage actors remotely, with only limited travel.
You’ll need be an initiator who is up for a challenge and passionate about creating change. You’ll need to have the skills and interest to work at many levels – working strategically one day and ensuring effective project management the next.
This role is hosted by Action Against Hunger and you’ll be based in their office in Manila. You’ll be joining a strong and motivated CALP team and, while the team is globally dispersed, they are very connected – collaborating through daily engagement.
Key activities include
- Provide management support for and foster personal development of team members
- Strategically lead CALP’s work in the region and lead on some thematic initiatives with global reach.
- Accountability for the development of a vibrant CALP network in the region, driving change through collective action
- Accountable for the regional programme portfolio.
- Convene members and others to identify key issues, and explore the implications of emerging trends and issues.
- Lead on policy engagement in the region.
- Grant management and donor relations.
- Manage hosting relationships at the regional level.
- Facilitate network interactions at the regional level to generate evidence and learning.
- Utilise social media to horizon scan, engage and promote CALP’s work.
Required criteria include
- Senior management experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification, or equivalent level of professional experience.
- Experience in networking and influencing with senior actors in the humanitarian system.
- Understanding of Cash and Voucher Assistance in a humanitarian context in the region
- Understanding of the international humanitarian system at regional and global levels
- Highly proactive and pragmatic leadership, problem solving and delivery
- Understanding of the regional/countries’ contexts.
- Strong project management and people management skills.
- Financial management and compliance management experience and skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including in written and spoken English.
- Strong decision maker who operates with integrity.
- Experience with major humanitarian donor grant management and reporting procedures.
Our remuneration package:
We offer an exciting role with a great team and following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 24 months (fixed-term, renewable)
- Base: Manila
- Compensation based on salary grid
- Benefits: health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlement, government-mandated benefits