Cash Interventions Advisor
Focus on the Technical & Capitalization Department:
The Technical & Capitalization Department is composed of 12 people. STC Advisers are the guarantors of the respect of the sectorial policies and frameworks globally. S/he supports the teams at headquarters and in the field to improve the technical quality of programming. STC focuses on 3 specific objectives: technical and programmatic support to operations through technical and strategic support, technical capitalization and standardization, technical capacity building.
As a Cash Interventions Adviser, you will be in charge of the technical and strategic support of missions under the supervision of the Head of the Technical and Capitalization Department. You will split your time between visits to the missions and the headquarter (40% mission – 60% headquarters).
To this end, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- CVA Strategy mission and HQ: You will contribute to the establishment and update of the CVA framework of intervention according to the current projects’ portfolio, in the development and implementation of the STC programming in line with the organization’s multi-year strategy. You will also ensure compliance with the CVA framework of intervention, you will strengthen the technical guidelines on early recovery and in particular economic recovery, and you will propose implementation methodologies. You will support the other technical advisers (FSL, WaSH, Health, MHPSS, Protection, MEAL) on projects including cash transfers.
- Technical and programmatic support: You will provide strategic and technical support to field teams during the different phases of the project cycle for regular or emergency intervention. You will support and validate survey and evaluation methodologies related to CVA. You will also ensure the monitoring / supervision of field teams and compliance with the technical standards. You will support missions on the development of early recovery programs.
- Capitalization and standardization: You will ensure the capitalization on CVA Interventions, the dissemination of processes, standards, past experience and know-how to the missions. You will participate in the standardization of tools and will contribute to dissemination of technical knowledge at headquarters and field teams.
- Contribution to the recruitment and training of teams: You will participate to the recruitment and training of CVA technical profiles, you will provide their briefing and debriefing at the start and return of the mission and you will also contribute to the capacity building of the HQ and field teams.
- Representation, communication and coordination: You will represent PUI at external meetings, support missions by representing PUI to donors and participate in coordination meetings.