Report Launch: The Role of Cash and Voucher Assistance in Increasing Equity and Inclusion for Girls and Children with Disabilities in Education in Emergencies
The Global Education Cluster Cash Task Team is pleased to invite you to the launch of the research report “The Role of Cash and Voucher Assistance in Increasing Equity and Inclusion for Girls and Children with Disabilities in Education in Emergencies” produced by CGA Technologies under the direct supervision of World Vision on behalf of the Task Team.
The webinar, which will take place virtually on Thursday May 5th, from 14:00-15:15 CET, will be hosted by UNICEF and moderated by Emilia Sorrentino (Education in Emergencies Advisor, Plan International, and co- chair of the GEC Task team). CGA Technologies along with World University Service of Canada (WUSC) and UNICEF will present two case studies included in the report based on their programmes in Kenya and Syria.
Register to get a link to the Webinar (please share the link for registering NOT the individual link you will receive to participate).
• Welcome by Plan International (Unni Krishnan, Global Humanitarian Director and Board member of CALP)
• Presentation of research findings by World Vision, presented by Marco Grazia, Global Director of Child Protection and Education in Emergencies Technical Unit and Co-Chair of the GEC Cash Task Team
• Voices from the field: Kenya Equity in Education Programme (phase II), presented by Hannah Graham, Managing Director CGA Technologies, and a presenter to be confirmed from the World University Service (WUSC)
• Voices from the field: Cash Transfers Programme for children with disabilities in Syria, presented by Jean Dupraz, Senior Social Policy Advisor, UNICEF
Questions and Answers
• Closing remarks by the Global Education Cluster Co-Coordinator, Michelle Brown –Save the Children.
The Global Education Cluster Cash Task Team is an initiative launched in 2019 to build the evidence base around CVA in EiE. It lays its foundations in the Cash and Voucher Assistance for Education in Emergencies Synthesis Report and Guidelines that documents current CVA practices used to achieve EiE outcomes, while the associated guidelines, organized around the Humanitarian Programme Cycle, identify recommendations for education practitioners in order to more systematically consider CVA in response planning.