Regional Learning Event Latin America and the Caribbean: Social protection systems and response to humanitarian crisis with CVA
In order to continue strengthening the dialogue between humanitarian and social protection actors, the RED LAC Group in collaboration with the Cash Working Group – R4V, with support from the CALP Network, CashCap/Norcap, IFRC, Save the Children, OCHA, UNICEF, and the World Food Programme, are organizing a regional learning event “Linking Cash and Voucher Assistance with Social Protection Systems” to be held during the month of July, 2023.
The objective of the second edition is to strengthen the basic understanding of the key concepts of the role of the social protection system when responding to a humanitarian crisis with cash and voucher assistance. It also seeks to:
- accompany the participant through a learning journey that facilitates that the information shared and/or knowledge acquired is gradual throughout the event.
- provide an online space to exchange good practices, challenges and lessons learned from experiences in (and outside) the region.
- interact with the audience to build a dialogue among stakeholders and identify action points for 2023/4 to strengthen the linkages between CVA and social protection systems.
The event is structured along the following dates and times:
- First building block: July 6 – 10:00 – 12:00 (PTY)
- Second building block: July 13 – 10:00 – 12:00 (PTY)
- Third building block: July 20 – 10:00 – 12:00 (PTY)
The event will have simultaneous interpretation in Spanish and English.
You can access a flyer of the event here