Good Practice Review on Cash Assistance in Contexts of High Inflation Launch Webinar
The challenge of inflation and currency depreciation in the context of humanitarian cash and voucher assistance is growing. The need to document existing practice has been underscored by COVID-19, which has exacerbated economic volatility in many humanitarian contexts, and increased humanitarian needs.
Through a consultative and collaborative process through the CALP Network and led by the Donor Cash Forum (DCF), the Good Practice Review on Cash Assistance in Contexts of inflation and depreciation has been developed. It is packed with examples from different contexts, and accompanied by 4 in-depth case studies (Lebanon, Yemen, South Sudan and Zimbabwe) Launching very soon.
In this webinar we aim to:
- Familiarise participants with the Good Practice Review and how it can inform decision-making
- Highlight the use and relevance of the review in contexts of inflation and depreciation (including Yemen, Lebanon, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan)
- Equip participants to use the Good Practice Review in their own contexts
Join us on 7 October 2021, 13:00 UTC for a discussion with our esteemed panel:
- Najat Rochdi, Deputy Special Coordinator, Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator, Lebanon
- Rabeea Ahmed, Senior Cash Advisor (Inter-Agency – CashCap) Sana’a/ Yemen
- Corinna Kreidler, outgoing humanitarian advisor FCDO, Zimbabwe
- Isabelle Pelly, Global thematic expert – Cash and basic needs, DG ECHO
- Mulugeta Handino, WFP Asia and the Pacific Region Cash-Based transfers and Social protection officer, interim co-lead of the Afghanistan CVAWG, Afghanistan
- Georgios Frantzis, MENA Regional Representative, the CALP Network
More information will be shared very soon.
Register now below:
convert to your time zone⇨ here.