CVA, the Environment, and Climate Change in Humanitarian Response
Listen to the webinar recording here
The global impacts of climate change and environmental degradation are real and pose a huge immediate and long-term threat. Multiple ongoing and complex crises underline the fact that climate change is, and will likely remain, the main challenge confronting the humanitarian system. Urgent transformation is needed – these changes will require strengthening the role of governance and social protection systems, as well as working on anticipatory, preparedness, and adaptation measures to address climate-related disasters and its negative effects.
The Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA), Environment, and Climate Change Community of Practice, currently led by the CALP Network and the Global Shelter Cluster Environment Community of Practice, is organizing a webinar in English showcasing the potential role of CVA in addressing climate change and environmental degradation. The event will feature different perspectives, identify opportunities and challenges in CVA programming relating to the subject-matter, and includes a call to action for proactive planning in the fight against climate change.
Join us and our wonderful panelists for an engaging discussion on Tuesday, 13 July at 9:00 Washington, DC | 13:00 Dakar | 14:00 London | 16:00 Amman (cross-check the webinar time with your respective time zone).
- José Jódar Vidal, the CALP Network techincal advisor, CVA, environment and climate change COP lead.
- Amin Maghsoudi (PhD), Project Researcher and Lecturer in Humanitarian Logistics & Supply Chain Management , The HUMLOG Institute, HANKEN School of Economics.
- Samantha Brangeon, Researcher, evaluator and trainer “Environment” Groupe URD
- Ana Maria Florez Muñoz, Environment Associate, UNHCR Colombia
- Irene Amuron, Manager, Anticipatory Action | Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre
- Charles Kelly . Environment Community of Practice co-lead, Global Shelter Cluster