CVA, environment and climate change workshop
How can Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) be used as part of the response to the environment and climate crisis? How can we mainstream considerations around the environment and climate change in the use of CVA within humanitarian responses? Is policy and operational engagement from CVA humanitarian stakeholders contributing to the fight against climate change and environmental degradation?
Join us on December 5th at 12h00 UTC to discuss these questions, with the objective to increase awareness and commitment vis a vis environment and climate change within the CVA community through key guidance and experience sharing.
This workshop will be a great opportunity for CVA practitioners, environmental practitioners, policy makers and anyone interested in:
- Improving the quality of humanitarian response through the inclusion of environmental and climate change considerations.
- Engaging and learning about the fight against environmental degradation and climate change.
- CVA and environment policy commitments – CALP Network
- CVA, environment and climate change in ECHO policies and operations
Break out room 1- Risk analysis, Market Assessment and FSP procurement
- How are environmental considerations incorporated within the CVA project cycle, including the CVA response option analysis and program design?
- What are the main recommendations related to this?
- What are the main existing good practices?
- What are the main challenges we are or we could be facing?
Break out room 2- MEB composition and environmental related needs.
- How are environmental needs considered in needs identification?
- How is this impacting the MEB design and transfer value calculation?
- What are the main challenges involved in including environmental considerations?
Break out room 3 – Using CVA to address climate change related crisis
- How can CVA contribute to addressing climate change and environmental degradation related crises (e.g. droughts, water scarcity, deforestation, etc.)?
- What are the CVA added value for this?
- What are the main existing experiences and evidences?
- What are the main challenges in using CVA to address climate related crisis?