Core CVA Skills for Programme Staff Training: Washington DC, USA
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
1. Discuss the opportunities and challenges to delivering high quality CVA as part of humanitarian
2. Use various assessments, including market assessment tools, to inform CVA appropriateness.
3. Analyse assessment data to choose modality, delivery mechanism and transfer value.
4. Ensure accountability towards affected populations during the CVA design and implementation process.
5. Incorporate CVA and markets in monitoring frameworks.
6. Identify best practices for CVA quality and sustainability.
7. Navigate the existing tools, guidance, cases studies and research documents to find the most relevant and up-to-date information on CVA-related themes.
The CALP Network and Global Communities will be hosting a Core CVA Skills for Programme Staff Training from Monday 11th to Friday 15th September 2023.
This course is structured around the project cycle and covers all of the key skills required to design, implement, and monitor cash and voucher assistance. The course is focused on a technical/programmatic perspective and incorporates examples and case studies from multiple sectors. Therefore, this course is for programme staff responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring cash and voucher programmes.
The deadline for applications is the end of Wednesday 5th of July 11:59 pm EST. You will learn if you are pre-selected by July 10th; for fully confirmation you will need to complete the pre-requisites by July 14th.
About the course
The aim of the course is:
-To develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence of humanitarian practitioners for cash and voucher assistance (CVA) technical design and quality.
Who is the course for?
This course is only suitable for individuals implementing CVA programmes who speak English at a professional level (i.e.., cash advisors, sector specialists, other programmes staff). This training is not suited for operations, finance, or other non-programmatic staff.
How will the course be delivered?
This is a 100% in person course.
How long is the course?
It is a 5-day course.
What are the costs associated with the course?
There are no fees for the training, but participants are expected to cover their own associated costs, such as travel and accommodation.
Who to contact if you have questions?
If you have any questions about the training, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
This work will be made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The contents are the responsibility of CALP and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the United States Government.