CVA and Social Protection Part 2: Designing CVA that is Linked to Social Protection
This is the second part of a 2-part course on linking humanitarian CVA with Social Protection and takes around 3 hours to complete. This course involves an in-depth look at linking humanitarian CVA and Social Protection.
You should also have completed the first part of this 2-part course, Introduction to linking humanitarian cash assistance and social protection.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- List the five suggested steps for designing cash-based humanitarian assistance that links to and utilises, or contributes to strengthening, social assistance systems in the country.
- Describe each of the five steps for designing CVA.
- Explain the activities that humanitarian actors need to conduct at each step, and how they differ compared to the usual actions of the emergency response cycle
- Describe how the social assistance context influences the choice of how to link cash-based humanitarian assistance with social assistance.
- Identify potential communication and co-ordination requirements across each step
- Demonstrate ability to apply the steps in order to make appropriate decisions
- Collaborate with appropriate partners at each step.