CVA and Social Protection Part 1: Linking Humanitarian CVA and Social Protection: an Introduction
Welcome to CVA and Social Protection Part 1: Linking Humanitarian CVA and Social Protection: an Introduction. This 1 to 2 hour course offers an introduction to Social Protection, and a first look at the ways in which it can be linked to humanitarian cash assistance.
This course is designed for humanitarian staff with existing knowledge of cash and voucher assistance, who want an introduction to linking CVA with Social Protection.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- define social protection
- list the components of social protection
- understand the different functions of social protection
- compare and contrast social protection and humanitarian assistance
- identify the social protection components that are most relevant in terms of linking to humanitarian assistance
- describe the potential advantages of linking humanitarian cash based assistance with social protection
- define the programme options for linking social protection with humanitarian cash based assistance
- define the two potential roles for humanitarian actors in making social protection systems responsive to shocks
- give examples of what the above two role types might entail, and for different departments of a humanitarian agency
- list the potential challenges of linking humanitarian assistance with social protection.
The course will take around 1 to 2 hours to complete and is available in English, French and Arabic.