Technical Advisory Group
Applications to join the TAG are currently closed.
About the TAG
The TAG helps shape and steer the CALP Network’s technical and policy priorities within the overall strategic vision for the network. All TAG Representatives are from CALP member organizations or are independent members of CALP. The TAG:
- Proposes, leads and supports thematic areas of work across the network, supported by working groups.
- Reviews and/or endorses key technical and policy outputs from network members, ensuring complementarities with related member initiatives.
- Identifies key issues where collective action and advocacy across the network is needed, and supports this.
- Act as champions for the CALP Network, helping to connect members, disseminate work and create opportunities for engagement.
The TAG is comprised of between 20 and 30 individual Representatives (Reps).
For more information on the TAG please contact Kate Hart, Head of Policy, Evidence and Learning and TAG Lead Kate.Hart@calpnetwork.org or Rose Smith Rose.Smith@calpnetwork.org. You may also consult the TAG Terms of Reference.
Observer Seats information
Observer Seats aim to allow members to gain insights into how the TAG works and what it does, particularly for those who would potentially like to be more involved but want to know more first. Observer Seats enable members to sample the TAG without the formal TAG application process and need to meet all of the criteria.
Observers may attend one TAG meeting as a “fly on the wall” and engage with the current TAG.
The Observer Seats are intended for:
Member organizations who:
- are not currently represented on the TAG, or;
- are under-represented compared to their numbers in CALP’s network, for example, national NGOs.
And/or individuals (who work for a member organization, or are independent members) who:
- may not meet the full TAG criteria in terms of technical experience,
- are at the beginning of their career/ new to the sector.
To attend a TAG meeting as an Observer, please reach out to Rose Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.